2011-01-26

Error: PLS-00801

Today (using Oracle 11.2.0.1.0 ) I got this error when compiling a pl/sql package:

PLS-00801: internal error [phdcsql_print_kge_errors::parm pos]
PL/SQL: Statement ignored
ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement


The description for PLS-00801: internal error [string] says:

Cause: This is a generic internal error that might occur during compilation or execution. The first parameter is the internal error number.

Action: Report this error as a bug to your Customer Support representative.




Ok! I stopped for some seconds.
"The problem happened after I edit the package body and changed an SQL expression
so lets try to comment that changed section"
It compiled!
I look then in the changed code and there was a mention to an object that was not installed in the schema...
So I installed the object...uncomment the changes and it worked!
I think that for some reason (parser bug?) the pl/sql parser didn't gave the correct error when compiling and I got the PLS-00801 error.

I hope that this "bug" tracking/ resolution works for other PLS-00801 situations.

Have a great time coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Os comentários são moderados.
The comments are moderated.